Workspace 365 has for many years acknowledged that the key word upon which to focus our attention is sustainability rather than recyclability in pure isolation.
Our business takes a truly holistic approach to the design, manufacture, supply and reclamation of materials and products. We see this as a cyclical process. From design to installation, use and reclamation we aspire to minimise all environmental impacts of Workspace 365 products and processes.
We believe in taking responsibility for our own actions rather than relying on third parties or abdicating our responsibilities by offsetting.
The process of sustainability is a cyclical one and we understand this and actively pursue this in everything we do.
The company is proud of its achievements in the area of environmental performance and undertakes all practices where practicable, to minimise adverse environmental impacts and associated hazards in product use and disposals.
In regards to future environmental objectives, Workspace 365 will:
- Make every effort to minimise used resources, use environmentally safe and sustainable resources and, where possible use products manufactured from materials which are capable of being recycled.
- Minimise the creation of waste, especially hazardous waste, and dispose of all wastes which are not practical to recycle through safe and reasonable methods which are in compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Educate, train and motivate all employees so that they conduct their activities in an environmentally safe manner, are made aware of how their actions impact on the environment of and are fully conscious of the company’s environmental policy.
- Operate within the constraints of recognised environmental management systems.
- Seek to develop and maintain, where significant hazards exist, emergency plans for preventing and mitigating the hazardous impacts associated with them, in conjunction with the emergency services, relevant authorities and local community.
- Make a commitment to prevent pollution of air, land or water and, where such pollution occurs or exists, to remedy the situation effectively.
- Ensure that a full environmental review of activities is undertaken every twelve months.
- Review key suppliers and contractors, encourage use of environmental management systems through the rating system and record the results on the register of approved suppliers and contractors.
- Listen to employees and other interested parties in respect of concerns about hazards and impact of operations.
- Issue this Environmental Policy placing it on notice boards in the office and issuing copies to suppliers, contractors, and to customers as necessitates.
- Make a commitment to continual improvement of products, processes, services and adverse environmental impacts, and provide them in a manner which protects human health and the environment.
- Continually review energy and water usage and where possible, investigate and offer products from either the ETL or WTL listing for energy reduction, renewable energy sources and water conservation.
- Seek to develop and install environmental performances evaluation criteria and associated indicators to clients and their premises.